Best Free Online Workout Videos

Thursday, March 15, 2012

As you know, I was completely devastated to have found out that ExerciseTV was discontinued. Is that what you'd call it, discontinued? I prefer to call it an act of abandonment. Anyway, I would like to share with you some free quality online exercise options that I have found in my voracious quest for a replacement.

1. Exercise.com: the videos here do not offer the same type of interactive experience as ExerciseTV offered, but you'll still get one heck of a workout. A model will guide you through an exercise for a certain number of repetitions. Sometimes the video just replays a few times to get to the proper number of repetitions. The workout sessions just go from one move to the next. That's ok with me, because I'm not very good at building on dance moves to form a complete routine. But believe me, I was a hurtin' the next day.

2. Blogilates and POP Pilates: Cassey Ho's story is a very inspirational one. She went to school for Biology to pursue the medical degree her parents wanted for her. In college, she started teaching Pilates and fell in love with it. Her blog, fitness accessory line, and YouTube channel have become quite popular. I think it's great that she offers an extensive number of free Pilates classes online for anyone to access. And these aren't your traditional Pilates classes; each is filled with a whole different set of innovative moves you probably haven't tried before. Cassey's upbeat, down-to-earth, sometimes-goofy attitude endear you to her from the first move. Her and her sister do most of the video recording themselves!

I tried this standing Pilates workout from the Pop Pilates channel this weekend. You might like it too:





Hopefully I can come back with even more free quality workout videos in my search. Stay tuned!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!